|ANNUAL PNASD SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS|
An invitation to undergraduate and graduate nursing students!
Click here for the 2019 application: 2019 PNASD Scholarship Application.doc (revised 3-10-2019)
The Philippine Nurses Association of San Diego County, Inc. (PNASD) is offering scholarship awards to students currently enrolled in an accredited school of nursing. APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 20, 2019.
A. Scholarship Award is being offered to the following nursing degrees:
B. Criteria for application are:
- Undergraduate (Associate’s or Bachelor’s)
- Graduate (Master’s and Doctoral)
C. Submit the following documents with your APPLICATION:
- Must complete the Scholarship Application.
- Must be a first time recipient of an award from PNASD.
- Must be currently enrolled or have been accepted into an accredited nursing program and enrolled in the 2019-2020 academic year. Provide proof of enrollment in the nursing program.
- Must demonstrate a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.25.
- Must provide two letters of recommendation one from a faculty in the nursing program where student is enrolled in and one from an employer or person who have known applicant for over 5 years excludes relatives.
- Must be a resident of Imperial County, North County, or San Diego County of California.
- Must have 20 hours of community involvement. Provide proof of volunteer service and hours.
- Must provide a 300 words essay on “Advocacy”.
- Must be a current active member of PNASD at the time of application.
- The following criteria must be completed within a year of receipt of the Scholarship Award:
- Have attended a minimum of 2 membership meetings in a year.
- Must be an active member and participant of any of the following committees within PNASD to a minimum of 10 hours: Membership Recruitment and Retention, Education and Research, Community Outreach and/or other standing PNASD Committee as stated in the By Laws.
- Provide proof of participation or verification of PNASD Committee involvement as signed off by the chair of the respective committee.
- Must be present to receive the Certificate of Scholarship Award.
- Must provide PNASD the address of school and department personnel to where scholarship award will be sent. Scholarship award recipient will claim respective award from that department.
Applications must be postmarked on or before April 20, 2019. All applicants will be notified of the results by May 15, 2019 or sooner. Qualified applicants will be interviewed by members of the scholarship committee. Incomplete applications will not be honored.
- A copy of your transcript or a letter of acceptance into the program if applicant has not started attending program until semester following awarding of scholarship. (Note: A full transcript of course work from the undergraduate program required if student is just beginning as a graduate student at the time of application.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation.
- Verification of community involvement (A letter from the organization verifying volunteer community activities, certificate of participation or recognition, time sheet are all acceptable). Verification of PNASD Committee involvement as signed off by the chair of the respective committee.
- Essay (300 words) on the topic of “Advocacy”.
Mail completed application to:
P.O. Box 722442, San Diego, CA 92172
D. Applicants’ Responsibility
- Completed application must be received at exact deadline April 20, 2019 or as posted date on envelope.
- Applicant will be contacted via email after all the process of selection is completed.
- Contact the Scholarship Committee Chairperson Cris Escarrilla at email@example.com for your availability for interview.